It seems that tooth loss is becoming almost epidemic. When a tooth is lost, bone loss begins almost immediately in the teeth that are on either side of the missing tooth. These teeth take on additional strain from chewing and from any bridgework that is possibly anchored to them. If this is not treated, it can lead to additional tooth loss as well as changes in the way your face looks.
If you have missing teeth, you probably should consider dental implants. Dental implants consist of basically three parts: the implant, the abutment and the tooth restoration. Implants are the absolute best way to replace missing teeth.
Implants are regarded as one of the most fitting and successful ways to enhance a person’s appearance and definitely their smile. You don’t have to be embarrassed anymore if you have missing teeth or feel like you have to get some type of removable denture in order to have some type of normalcy with your smile.
The advent of dental implants was meant to fully restore a smile with missing teeth. After an implant is installed, you can be sure you will have a beautiful and natural smile. The average life cycle of the implant is 25 to 50 years. So you can be ensured that you will have a smile that’s outstanding for very long time.
Here are seven benefits of dental implants that you may want to consider:
- Comfort – Dental implants are more comfortable than dentures. They work and function like your natural teeth and don’t slide around all over the mouth.
- Better Speech – Patients also notice an improvement in their speech as a result of getting dental implants. Because dentures don’t fit so well, they are prone to moving and slipping and sometimes can call slurred speech.
- Enhanced Appearance – This procedure allows individuals to have teeth that look and feel like their original teeth. They combine with the bone for a permanent finish that enhances anyone’s appearance.
- Self–Esteem – When you look better you definitely feel better about yourself.
- Oral Health – Dental implants do not alter the surrounding teeth. Instead, the healthy teeth and bone are left in place and this promotes better oral health over the long term.
- Convenience – Dentures are often embarrassing and inconvenient. They require adhesive in order to keep them in place. Implants or a more convenient and a permanent solution.
- Durability – Dental implants are made from very hard porcelain or hybrid materials that are very durable and last a very long time.
Simply put, you just can’t go wrong with dental implants to replace missing teeth.
If you have missing teeth and you’re looking for a permanent solution, then we recommend dental implants. It is the absolute best choice for fixing this problem.
Call us today if you have any questions about dental implants and whether or not you would be a candidate for them.