Imagine Having and Keeping A Beautiful Smile
Most people would admit that going to the dentist for a dental exam or check-up is not on their priority list. However, if you haven’t been to the dentist for an exam in the last 6 months, you need to really consider setting up an appointment.
A comprehensive exam is about prevention as well as early detection. You can be spared a lot of time and expense by preventing problems before they occur as well as detecting others while they are in the early stages. Your oral health is very important and recent studies have shown that your oral health and overall physical health are tied together. This means that the more proactive you are in maintaining your oral health you will have better general health.
What Can You Expect During Your Fist Visit With Us
We understand that most people have a little fear and anxiety about going to the dentist for any kind of treatment. This usually stems from a bad experience as a child or even stories they may have heard from others. The fact is that dentistry has progressed so far and the treatments and technology we have to help our patients has made dentistry virtually painless. Our goal is to get rid of your pain or prevent it.
When you come into our office, you can expect a thorough and all-inclusive examination that last on average about an hour. During this exam, you can expect the following:
- Visual exam
- Blood pressure reading
- Digital x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal disease exam
- Checking for signs of cavities and decay
- Evaluation of existing dental work
- Intra-oral and extra-oral photos
- 3-D images of your mouth where applicable
- Other harmful dental issues
Why Is This Type of Exam Necessary
Here are 4 reasons this type of exam and evaluation are completely necessary:
- Early detection of dental problems in their earliest stages is necessary for maintaining a healthy mouth.
- Finding problems in their earliest stages helps to minimize the amount of dental work you may need which will help you avoid unnecessary expense and time in the dental chair.
- These routine check-ups keep you and your family in overall better health.
- It teaches your children the importance of maintaining good oral health and the right habits in caring for their teeth at home.
Consultation With The Doctor
When you come in for an exam, you can also expect a consultation and conversation with the doctor. We will happily listen to your thoughts, concerns and do our best to answer any of your questions.
The information we gather during this exam will help us to put together a plan that will help you have the healthiest smile possible. We know that your confidence lies in our hands and our desire to deliver amazing results that will be life changing to you.
What To Do Now
If you are looking for a dentist and haven’t been in a while, then we would love to have you come in to our office. We have comfortable no pressure environment.