We Look Forward To Meeting You
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your dental health care provider. We promise to work hard to ensure your first visit is the prelude to a mutually trusting and long relationship. At your first visit, our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible, to provide you with an honest assessment of your dental health, and to help you understand any treatment you require.
How To Prepare
Quality dental care requires a team effort. We understand your first visit to a new dentist can be stressful. The following are a few suggestions to help you relax and to help us maximize your time to address your dental health needs.
- Schedule your first appointment on a date and time when you’ll be most relaxed.
- Complete your new patient information form prior to your appointment. Bring this form along with your dental insurance card (if applicable) and present it to our front office staff.
- Arrive 20mins early to your appointment
- Have the ability to pay for deductibles/co-payments
What To Expect
The following is a summary of what to expect as a new patient to our office. Your first visit should take approximately 1.5 hours.
- Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by our friendly front office staff. After we process your patient information, you’ll be escorted into one of our treatment rooms.
- One of our clinical support team will greet you and listen to your dental health needs, concerns, and expectations. The dental examination will only begin after all your questions have been answered and you are completely comfortable with proceeding.
- We will take required x-rays and photographs. We offer digital x-rays with instantaneous results at 90% less radiation than traditional radiography systems. X-rays allow us to see things we normally couldn’t, and help us provide a comprehensive exam.
- One of our highly skilled hygienists will do a thorough assessment of your gums which will include a periodontal charting and oral cancer screening. At that time we can let you know which type of hygiene visit would be most suitable for you.
- After assessing all the information provided, the Doctor will perform a comprehensive dental examination. This involves a tooth-by-tooth charting to identify and record the current condition of your teeth.
- We will provide you with an honest dental health report based on your x-rays and dental examination. We will then outline the procedures required to address your dental health and discuss any alternatives and/or options.
- You’ll hear the term “comprehensive care” often at Dental Care of Corona. It means that the doctors do more than just fix the immediate problem. They examine your entire mouth, recommend treatment options for long-lasting oral health, and work with you to pick which treatments suit you best.
- After the doctor completes your exam, our treatment coordinator will meet with you to answer any questions, discuss payment options, and work with you on the best treatment plan for your needs.