Sedation Dentistry, Corona CaliforniaSleep through your next dental appointment!
Sedation Dentistry Is Your Answer To Anxiety
But whatever your apprehension of visiting the dentist is, Dental care of Corona’s sedation dentistry can help. Sleep Dentistry places you in a relaxed state of complete sedation. This means you’ll have little or no memory of having any dental work done. Furthermore, you will have minimal if any pain or discomfort. Sleep Dentistry is an easy, safe and effective way to provide patients who have dental phobia with the dentistry they need to keep their teeth healthy and beautiful.
Here’s how sleep dentistry works.
It’s really quite simple. By taking a small pill an hour before your appointment, you will already be relaxed by the time you arrive at Dental care of Corona. Since you’ll be too sedated to drive yourself, you must be accompanied to and from your appointment by a friend or family member. You will be seated in a comfortable chair and covered with a warm blanket. Depending on your need, we will administer more sedation. Before starting your treatment, we will make sure you are completely comfortable.
You may be sedated for a short or long visit depending on your needed treatment. For example, if you have a lot of dental work that needs to be done, Sleep Dentistry allows us to do dental work that would normally require five or more visits to be accomplished in as little as one. This makes Sleep Dentistry an easy and effective way to provide patients who have dental phobia with the dentistry they need to keep their teeth healthy and beautiful! Sleep Dentistry is very safe. One of our team members will be with you the whole time and you will be monitored by equipment similar to that used in a hospital for monitoring vital signs.
Who Is Sedation Dentistry For?
Sleep Dentistry is not only for people that fear going to the dentist. Anybody can experience the benefits of Sleep Dentistry. Sedation allows patients to have more dental work done in a single appointment. Often treatment that would require five appointments or more can be performed in one single appointment. This means less interruptions to your daily life. Nobody enjoys going to the dentist and what could make your next dental visit more pleasant than being able to sleep through it. We offer different levels of sedation depending on your needs:
Nitrous Oxide – Light sedation is achieved through the use of a gas called Nitrous Oxide, also known as laughing gas. The gas is mixed with oxygen and is inhaled through a small mask placed over your nose. The Benefits Include:
- It is extremely safe
- It wears off quickly so there is no need for someone to drive you home from your appointment
- The doctor can accurately control the level of sedation
Benzodiazepines – Moderate sedation is achieved through the use of pills that are in the drug family called Benzodiazepines. A drug that many people are familiar with from this family is Valium. They produce a feeling of relaxation and drowsiness. The Benefits Include:
- They place you in a very relaxed state
- They cause drowsiness enabling most patients to doze off during the appointment
- Most patients have little or no memory of the appointment
- They work as a mild anesthetic to aid pain control
Deep IV Sedation
Intravenous Sedation – Deep sedation is achieved through the use of an IV administering a sedative directly to your blood stream. It produces a profound state of relaxation and it can be used to sedate patients to a point where they are completely unaware of the dentistry performed. Our Board Certified Doctors are among the members of the small group of California dentists that are qualified and licensed to perform this type of advanced sedation. The Benefits Include:
- The doctor is able to control the level of sedation very accurately
- Deep sedation can safely be achieved
- The patient will have virtually no memory of the dental treatment
- It is a superior sedation technique for long appointments
- It is a superior sedation technique for patients with very high fear
- It works as a moderate anesthetic to aid pain control
- It can be used to administer long-lasting drugs for post-operative pain control
Who can benefit from sedation dentistry?
- High fear
- Had traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty getting numb
- A bad gag reflex
- Very sensitive teeth
- Limited time to complete their dental care
- Complex dental problems
- Hate needles and shots
- Hate noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- Are afraid & embarrassed about their teeth